It’s no extra information that for some months, Nigerians cannot journey to Dubai instantly from Nigeria. This due to the problems between Emirate Airline, the Nigerian and the UAE authorities.
In the previous couple of months, travelling to Dubai from Nigeria which was very straightforward has impulsively grow to be a nightmare. To go on this journey, you’ll have to undergo different international locations and one of many best being Ghana and the Republic of Benin. It’s because the 2 international locations are our closest neighbours.
I’ve learn a number of tales about totally different points individuals have had within the Republic of Benin and Ghana. One of many common tales was shared by Derende right here https://www.nairaland.com/6544747/30-days-sojourn-through-cotonou
Generally this month, A consumer contacted me to assist him course of a 3 months Dubai visa and in addition to plan his itinerary to Dubai through Benin republic. I processed the Dubai visa, booked the flight, then we headed straight to the Republic of Benin.
To chop a protracted story quick, on his journey date, we received to Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport. The Benin Airport is much less rowdy, much less congested and looking out effectively maintained. That was after I received the shocks of my life. Firstly, the vast majority of the individuals going to Dubai from the Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport had been Nigerians.
As we had been driving into the automotive park, I notice most people doing bureau de change are Nigerians. We modified some cash and headed straight to the departure.
I met plenty of Nigerians on the ready space. You’ll nearly suppose it’s one other department of Murtala Muhammed Worldwide airport positioned in Lagos. Then the worst occurred, as we had been heading in, we noticed 4 Nigerians popping out, at first I believed they had been coming again. Solely to get to the queue and we had been informed they had been denied boarding. I received extra curious, on additional investigation, I later received to know that they backdated the date they received in, not figuring out that The republic of Benin had modified their stamp. Unlucky for them, they backdated with the brand new stamp.
Whereas on the Airport, I additionally noticed one other Nigerian who was arrested on the airport as a result of he was attempting to board with a pretend visa. I cannot consider somebody would attempt to do this. I feel the particular person he paid gave him a pretend visa. He received locked up for some days. That is actually painful.
Then the final set of Nigerians that had been rejected both have broken passports or Worldwide passport with an image that isn’t clear. The final units of Nigerians that received denied had been individuals who received late to the checking level.
Listed here are the key the reason why you could possibly get denied boarding on the Cotonou Airport.
Causes Why Individuals Have been Rejected
- Broken passport: Any passport with stains, an image that isn’t clear, broken on any a part of the info web page is computerized rejection. Please keep away from any type of harm to your passport. Most people had been travelling with the identical passport in Nigeria with none problem. Somebody stated they’re doing it to frustrate Nigerians. LOL this I cant confirm but.
- Pretend visa: Please all the time attempt to verify the validity of your passport.
- Pretend stamp: Please make sure you all the time stamp on the border, don’t pay touts to stamp for you.
- Backdated stamp: YOu are alleged to spend 2 weeks minimal on the Cotonou Airport earlier than you’re allowed to journey.
- Expired covid 19 check: Please make sure you do your Covid 19 check on time so you may get the consequence on time.
Issues to notice when visiting Dubai by the Republic of Benin
1. you will need to spend a minimal of two weeks within the Republic of Benin
2. To be on the secure aspect, Be sure you stamp in Seme border relatively than Idiroko border, I heard so many individuals are having points at Idiroko after they arrive in Dubai.
3. Verify your Visa validity on-line.
4. Get to the airport not less than three hours earlier than your flight
5. Do a VIP covid 19 check. You’ll get your consequence the identical day.
6. If you may get an agent that’s acquainted with the route that will help you out. It’ll prevent plenty of cash in the long term.
7. Keep in a resort that isn’t removed from the airport
8. Get acquainted with the terrain and an English talking cab driver. It’ll prevent plenty of headache.
Please make sure you observe all Covid 19 protocols, please attempt to do the precise factor as a result of as soon as you’re caught they’ll make sure you face the legislation. Have you ever had an identical expertise? Please share under.