Seattle-Tacoma Worldwide Airport (SEA) not too long ago wrapped up enhancements to at least one million sq. toes of latest and upgraded amenities. That was just the start.
Over the subsequent 5 years, SEA plans to take a position over $4.6 billion on initiatives to make the journey expertise extra predictable and handy, and to raise your expertise from curb to gate. To assist passengers put together for modifications throughout building and anticipate the finished enhancements, the airport launched a brand new “Improve SEA” capital marketing campaign.
“The modernized N Concourse and new Worldwide Arrivals facility launched a brand new period for SEA,” stated Port of Seattle Commissioner Sam Cho. “Passengers already can expertise the night time and day distinction the place we provide probably the most trendy amenities, facilities, and sustainability. We’re working to convey that have throughout all the airport so passengers can journey with more room, much less time in line, and an general extra predictable expertise.”
“SEA has been one of many quickest rising airports for a decade, mirroring the expansion occurring within the area,” stated SEA Managing Director Lance Lyttle. “Throughout peak durations our terminal is stretched to its max, making it a problem to ship the environment friendly, predictable expertise that passengers deserve. To hit our effectivity and customer support objectives we have to construct up, modernize the place we will, and introduce new know-how.”
This week, the Port of Seattle Fee approved greater than $250 million to advance two key initiatives, the SEA Gateway Challenge and S Concourse Evolution.
- The Fee accredited $159.5 million for the SEA Gateway Project, a partnership with Alaska Airways, to modernize the 40-year-old ticketing, safety, and bag declare areas within the terminal’s north finish. Newly light-filled, open areas will assist passengers transfer rapidly and simply by ticketing and safety.
- The S Concourse Evolution obtained $100 million to proceed with superior work and design on a serious rework to restructure, repurpose, and renovate present areas with extra facilities, brighter areas, and an improved passenger journey.
Commissioners additionally accredited funding for the fifth and ultimate section of the Restroom Renovation Project. New public restrooms have already been opened on Concourses B, C, and D – together with some simply this week! This can proceed the upgrades of the outdated, outdated and overcrowded amenities. The brand new restrooms characteristic brighter lighting, water-saving fixtures, touchless options, bigger, extra accessible stalls and enhanced artwork options.
The airport additionally depends on time-saving know-how to make your journey extra environment friendly and predictable.
- Save time in screening line: We innovated with the primary digital queue program, SEA Spot Saver, a free possibility that lets you reserve your house within the TSA safety line.
- Save time within the parking storage: This yr the airport launched Automated Parking Guidance Project, open stall gentle indicators within the storage and counters on the entrance to the storage.
- Save time shopping for to go meals: Use our FlySEA app to order your meals with out ready in line. Order SEA lets you get a meal delivered anyplace within the airport or make a fast pickup.
- Save time in search of a listing or flight data: Actual location mapping within the FlySEA app directs you to water refill stations, flight data, and extra.
Go to the airport’s projects page for a abstract of present enhancements, together with:
Textual content YES1 to 27829 to obtain journey ideas and main mission updates by way of textual content.
Perry Cooper | Port of Seattle Senior Media Officer
(206) 787-4923 | email@example.com