A tree-covered riverwalk with quaint stone bridges. An eleven-day pageant with confetti and hen on a stick. Remembering the Alamo. In terms of having time steeped in historical past, there are such a lot of scenic and engaging issues to do in San Antonio, Texas.
You’ll be able to wander round in one among their many museums, take a riverboat down a fairy-tale-esque river, and stroll the grounds of what was as soon as a Mission turned ugly battlefield. To not point out gorgeous gardens, unbelievable meals, and pleasant individuals. It’s straightforward to search out your self falling in love with San Antonio in your first go to!
Visiting Texas for the primary time I questioned what it might be like. A desert wasteland? No, by no means, fortunately! Would everybody be in ten-gallon hats and cowboy boots? Nicely, not everybody, however you’ll undoubtedly see some Texan trend! And would the vibes be off since Texas has some really terrible politics? I’m glad to say no – the town is various and welcoming. So let’s get into it!
Psst: Planning a go to to Texas or the West? Try a few of our different posts that will help you plan your journey!
The Greatest Time to Go to San Antonio, Texas
The perfect time to San Antonio, Texas is earlier than it will get too sizzling or too chilly (all you want is a light-weight jacket), usually in March/April or October/November. The temperatures throughout this time vary from the mid-60s to the 80s, and after I went in April it bought a bit sizzling at noon however not stifling.
I additionally visited San Antonio throughout their Fiesta pageant which occurs each April, and fell in love with the power the town exudes throughout this time. Folks come out to get together, very similar to we do right here in Louisville in the course of the Kentucky Derby Pageant or Mardi Gras in New Orleans, and there was a lot to do and see throughout this time.
I extremely suggest visiting throughout April in the course of the 11-long-day pageant (extra on this under), and should you’re into enjoyable and many occasions to attend, this actually is the very best time to discover the town!
The best way to Get to San Antonio, Texas
Texas is a large state, and the best technique to get right here is to fly. Many airways don’t fly straight into San Antonio however join by means of Dallas, which is about an hour’s flight away. The San Antonio airport itself (SAT) is sufficiently small to get by means of rapidly and is simply quarter-hour away from the middle of the town.
The best way to get round San Antonio, Texas
There are a few methods to get round San Antonio simply. These are:
- Strolling: I stayed downtown proper throughout the road from the Alamo throughout my keep and was capable of stroll to plenty of the cultural highlights of the town, together with the Alamo (in fact), the River Stroll, the Outdated Market Sq., just a few of the museums, some nice eating places, and a lot of the Fiesta occasions.
- Journey Shares or Rental Vehicles: To succeed in my different locations I used rideshares, however this could add up rapidly. If you happen to’re going to remain for various days renting a automobile could also be your only option, however not completely obligatory.
- The Bus: San Antonio has a bus system referred to as the VIA Metropolitan Transit that runs a number of strains for an affordable price.
Issues to do in San Antonio, Texas
There are such a lot of issues to do in San Antonio, Texas, the place does one start? Nicely to get the heartbeat of the town, and the historical past that constructed it, there’s one cease that may put into perspective the tradition, and complex historical past of the town and the state of Texas. Lest we overlook, let’s begin with studying concerning the historical past of the Alamo!
Study Your Texan Historical past on the Alamo
Even should you aren’t the most important historical past buff, the Alamo is an effective place to start out your time in San Antonio as a result of it places the town, and the state of Texas, into historic perspective.
The Alamo is positioned smack dab in the course of downtown San Antonio, and it seems like the middle of the wheel which the remainder of the town followers out from. Subsequent to it’s a mall and several other inns, however strolling across the Alamo grounds seems like being in a distinct world.
When most individuals consider the Alamo they solely consider the long-lasting Alamo church, which in fact could be very stunning and evocative, however the surrounding grounds are simply as a lot of the unique Alamo, regardless that a lot of the partitions and buildings are lacking immediately.
The San Antonio space was initially occupied by the Tāp Pīlam Coahuiltecan Nation of Indigenous Peoples till their inhabitants was vastly diminished by the arrival of Spanish Franciscan Missionaries who established San Antonio de Valero Mission in 1718.
In 1793, the Spanish Crown issued an order for the missions in Texas (which was nonetheless a part of Mexico at this level) to be secularized, so in 1803, a Spanish cavalry unit referred to as La Segunda Compañía Volante de San Carlos de Parras converted the old mission into military barracks which grew to become “the Alamo”.
In 1821 Mexico gained its independence from Spain, then Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna in 1833 abolished the Structure of 1824, altering his political beliefs from federalism to centralism, inflicting Mexico to fall right into a civil warfare and Texas to hunt its personal independence.
On October 2, 1835, the Texas Revolution started within the city of Gonzales, when the Mexican Military refused handy again a canon to the Texans who lent them it. Finally, the Texans fired a shot on the Mexican Military, resulting in the beginning of the Texas Revolution.
The Texans hunkered down on the Alamo, as Normal Santa Anna’s Military marched towards Texas. On March 2, 1836, Texas declared its independence from Mexico. The Battle of the Alamo came about on March 6, 1836, and was actually a really small second on this entire political turmoil – the battle lasted solely 90 minutes, and Santa Anna’s Military worn out all 200 defenders.
Right now the Alamo stands for bravery, revolution, and resilience, although it has a extra sophisticated aspect, in that a part of the political unrest of the Texans was they wished to combat Mexico to keep their right to own slaves. Like virtually all of US historical past, there’s a unusual line between honoring the sophisticated previous and utilizing it to information us to a greater future.
Visiting the Alamo church is free with a timed ticket, and it’s also possible to take a guided tour or private tour (Ernesto was a tremendous information!). In addition they simply opened the model new Ralston Family Collections Center, which options an enormous assortment of things associated to the Alamo (many donated by singer Phil Collins) together with Santa Anna’s discipline sword, a rifle owned by Davy Crockett, and a Violin constituted of the Alamo church wooden.
The Alamo is at the moment going by means of some growth efforts, constructing out components of the unique Alamo so guests can see what all the complicated would have seemed like earlier than Santa Anna’s military destroyed most of it. Try Mission San Jose if you wish to discover a mission that has been higher preserved (i.e. not destroyed), which is San Antonio’s Nation Park, and you’ll even hit up plenty of the missions on a private tour!
Occasion Throughout Fiesta®
Fiesta® San Antonio is a long-standing occasion, initially began in 1891 a one-parade occasion to honor those that died on the Alamo and Battle of San Jacinto, the ultimate battle of the Texas Revolution. Right now the occasion lives on within the month of April, however reasonably than being a single parade, it has developed into an 11-day-celebration that honors all issues San Antonio, together with its various residents, with parades (a number of ones!), music, patriotic observances, Fiesta Royalty with rhinestone attire, and many good meals and drinks!
Although the unique pageant could have had extra of the strictly Patriotic historical past related to it, Fiesta immediately brings the town collectively all for trigger – The Fiesta® San Antonio Fee Inc. is a nonprofit, volunteer, self-supporting group and the funds raised present companies to San Antonio residents all year long. It actually is a celebration with a objective!
You’ll see individuals carrying flower crowns (halos), smashing confetti eggs on one another’s heads (Cascarones), and carrying colourful badges on their garments (medals) which you should buy or you might be given by enterprise or party-goers. For Fiesta you costume up – we’re speaking a complete coloration explosion, and also you’ll see lots of people in Latin-inspired embroidered tops and large gaudy hats, very similar to the Kentucky Derby!
Now that you already know a *little* about what Fiesta® San Antonio is, listed here are a few of the occasions you may’t miss:
- A Night in Old San Antonio (NIOSA) – A Night time in Outdated San Antonio or NIOSA (as you’ll extra generally see it written or heard it mentioned as), is a four-day lengthy occasion that celebrates the tradition of San Antonio’s residents. It feels so much like Disney World in a manner – there are a lot of completely different “lands” full of meals and drinks from that tradition which takes place within the downtown historic arts village of La Villita. You will get escargot from France, hen on a stick from New Orleans, pretzels from Germany, elote from Mexico, and a lot extra. Reside music fills the air, everyone seems to be ingesting and having enjoyable, and you’ll discover the world in a single evening!
- Battle of the Flowers Parade – This 2.5-hour+ parade is the fruits of the Fiesta® actions, and within the days main as much as it, you’ll see individuals establishing bleachers everywhere in the metropolis for the 45,000 seats which might be bought. The Battle of the Flowers® Affiliation is the one all-women, all-volunteer group producing occasions of its type and you’ll anticipate to see navy shows, cultural floats, and the Fiesta® Royalty, together with its duchesses in lengthy, ostentatious beaded attire. You’ll hear spectators yelling for the ladies to “present us your footwear!”, they usually’ll present what they’re carrying beneath their attire to the viewers – often rhinestone cowboy boots!
- Cornyation – Cornyation (a spoof on “coronation”) began within the Fifties as a technique to make enjoyable of the wealthy, Anglo residents of the Fiesta® Royal Court and the Coronation of the Queen of the Order of the Alamo, the place yearly 24 ladies of eligible marriage age stroll throughout the Coronation stage and up a set of stairs, ready for the crowning of their Princess and Queen. The primary Cornyation in 1951 mocked the Coronation theme of 1950, the “Court docket of Islands,” by crowning as an alternative an “Empress of the Cracked Salad Bowl” on the river of the thousand islands, the place all of the Cornyation duchesses dressed up as lettuce and different greens. Right now Cornyation retains with the custom of panning the elite – you’ll see drag queens impersonating CoUNTry queens, skits making enjoyable of native and nationwide politics, and an entire lot of campy and homosexual musical numbers. It’s chaotic, irreverent, and humorous. I like to recommend this wonderful e-book – Cornyation: San Antonio’s Outrageous Fiesta Tradition – to study extra about this tremendous enjoyable custom.
- Fiesta de los Reyes – Situated within the Historic Market Square, which has been used as a gathering level for meals and the local “chili queens” since 1730, you will discover your self amongst 100+ native distributors throughout an enormous avenue get together. The Fiesta itself is the most important free occasion in San Antonio, and you’ll stroll down the road with a margarita whereas noshing on a hen on a stick. Reside music permeates the air and it’s great individuals watching amongst the historic structure! The Historic Market Sq. can be vigorous on any weekend you might be on the town.
Stroll Alongside the River Stroll and Take a River Cruise
One of the crucial charming locations in San Antonio is the River Walk, which weaves between buildings and underneath stone bridges, with eating places and colourful fiesta banners lining the route. If you happen to’ve ever been to EPCOT it’s a bit just like the Gran Fiesta Tour in the Mexico pavilion – however in actual life!
The River Stroll is definitely accessible from most locations downtown, and also you’ll see indicators pointing down stairs throughout to get to the River Stroll. As you stroll down the largely pure river, you might discover the Arnerson River Theatre, which you will know because the place the place Miss Rhode Island gives her famous “perfect date” answer in Miss Congeniality (April twenty fifth).
Among the finest methods to actually see the place this little river winds is by taking a Go Rio River Cruise, which is a 35-minute narrated boat tour in a colourful and cozy small barge boat. You’ll study issues like how 300 individuals fall within the river per 12 months, most of whom are drunk or unintentionally fall in when it’s crowded throughout parades across the river.
In your journey, you’ll wind previous iconic spots, just like the Old Mill Crossing Mural the place Teddy Roosevelt led his Tough Riders, and Selena’s Bridge, the place Tejano celebrity Selena Quintanilla Pérez’s husband proposed to her within the film (as performed by J-Lo, in fact). You’ll additionally study concerning the historic structure and see some large trendy sculptures which loom over the river.
Seeing these scenic bridges and other people sipping on margaritas at little eating places on the shore, like at Casa Rio, the primary restaurant to be constructed alongside the river, it’s straightforward to see why the River Stroll is so magical!
Cease to Odor the Roses at a Backyard
Since San Antonio is in a temperate local weather (i.e. sizzling), it’s straightforward for lots of tropical crops to develop right here. My preliminary thought was that San Antonio was going to be extra like a desert reasonably than the surprisingly lush place that it really is, although I used to be instructed that by the top of summer time the crops are fairly baked.
Fortunately, there are two nice locations to soak up each the native flora of Texas, but additionally some superb tropical crops you may solely see in a cultivated setting.
San Antonio Botanical Backyard
The San Antonio Botanical Garden is a 38-acre city oasis of crops, flowers, and loads of birds, bees, and butterflies fluttering about. Right here you may stroll by means of culinary gardens, previous large plantings of native perennials feeding the native fauna, and thru big sculptural greenhouses, full of an unbelievable assortment of orchids, ferns, palms, and different unique crops.
Critically, as soon as the water misters come on within the greenhouses and also you’re strolling by means of lush inexperienced and a plethora of rainbow orchids, you’ll really feel such as you’re in a prehistoric film – sans the dinosaurs. You additionally can’t miss wandering by means of the Japanese gardens, the Texas native trails full with little log cabins, and the formal backyard, full of roses and eye-popping snapdragons.
When you’re completed along with your afternoon stroll, dine on the adjoining Jardin Restaurant. Cool off with a refreshing frozen peach bellini, and their grilled cheese with candy tomato jam is to die for. If you happen to’re within the temper for one thing heavier, attempt their house-made pasta, just like the decadent pan-seared potato gnocchi. Being proper subsequent to a backyard, you already know all the pieces is as contemporary as it could possibly get!
Japanese Tea Backyard
The Japanese Tea Garden was as soon as a limestone quarry and cement manufacturing unit on the flip of the century, however in 1916 Park Commissioner Ray Lambert seemed out over the rocky void and thought, “ what, this may make an epic Japanese backyard.” So it grew to become what it’s now – a jaw-dropping, lush year-round backyard with an abundance of flowers, shaded walkways, stone bridges over Koi ponds, and a dramatic 60-foot waterfall.
As you climb the steps and look over the huge backyard under, water pouring from the waterfall above, you’ll perceive why individuals flock right here to take pictures and common wander round such a zen place.
The backyard is free and open to the general public 7am to 5pm daily, and arriving early is best reasonably than later since even in spring and fall San Antonio afternoons can get sizzling and steamy. If you happen to get hungry for a snack, you may seize some meals from the adjoining Jingu House which has spring rolls, boba tea, dumplings, and extra!
The Saga at San Fernando Cathedral
By day, the San Fernando Cathedral is a beautiful Catholic cathedral established in 1731, however by evening it turns into The Saga at San Fernando Cathedral, a colourful mild present that tells the story of San Antonio by means of music and dazzling photographs.
Throughout this 24-minute journey by worldwide artist Xavier de Richemont, you’ll see over 7000 sq. toes of sunshine, coloration, and visible narration overtop the beautiful structure of the cathedral.
The Saga tells the story with always shifting, considerably trippy visuals, portray the story with music from the Native Individuals who referred to as this area dwelling, to the arrival and colonization of the Spanish, to the battle on the Alamo, to San Antonio immediately.
The present is free and takes place each Tuesday by means of Sunday at 9pm and 9:30pm.
Stuff Your Face
San Antonio has no scarcity of scrumptious eats, I imply, who doesn’t like some wonderful Tex-Mex meals? In addition to all of the flavors of the town’s Mexican affect, San Antonio is the culinary capital of Texas and is likely one of the two U.S. cities (the opposite being Tuscon) designated a UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy, and possibly the rationale I placed on a lot weight in 5 days.
Since San Antonio can be dwelling to a Culinary Institute of America campus, that the majority actually helps them produce some prime cooks and a few really distinctive eating experiences. A few of my favourite eating places in San Antonio I’ve tried are:
- Botika – Botika is positioned within the Pearl, and its menu comprises “a melting pot of South American and South East Asian flavors” which is precisely what you may anticipate finding right here. To start out, get the steam buns which embrace crispy pork stomach, caramelized onion hoisin sauce, pickled crimson cabbage, cucumbers, and mint. To your major, get the simple star Lomo Saltado, a savory and decadent dish with Wok stir-fried shoulder tender steak, siyao, wedge fries, candy plantain, pickled aji, and salsa criolla. I might eat this each time I come right here!
- Best Quality Daughter – Additionally positioned within the Pearl in a 1906 home with 4 in another way adorned rooms, Greatest High quality Daughter is a New Asian-American Restaurant with some severe type. As soon as you agree into this creative and comfortable restaurant, order a Tremendous Bien cocktail with Mezcal, Watermelon-Ginger Cordial, and lemon juice that’s smoky and candy. For a starter, get the Mochi Cheddar Hush Puppies that are tacky and chewy and include Thai chili jam (I dream of those), and for a family-style major get the Cashew Hen, which is tremendous flavorful and crispy and nothing like take-out!
- La Gloria – Situated within the Pearl as nicely (see a theme?), La Gloria “celebrates the wealthy and scrumptious avenue meals from inside Mexico” by offering lotssss of fine Mexican eats. As you sit outdoors among the many shade and colourful decorations overlooking the scenic river stroll (the very best view on the town?), get one among their margaritas which have been voted finest in San Antonio and an order of the Tradicional Queso Fundido and chips. For a bit extra sustenance than tequila and cheese, you may’t go fallacious with their Tacos Al Pastor.
- Dough Pizzeria Napoletana – Dough is the place to go for high quality Neapolitan pizza, the place their wood-burning ovens that bake the pizzas to perfection in 90 seconds at over 900 levels. Dough options an intensive wine choice, or get a flight of crimson or white wine to find your new favourite wine (I certain did, the San Salvatore Ceraso Aglianico Paestum). To start out attempt their Signature Burrata Al Tartufo© (so good it’s copywritten) with house-made burrata full of truffle essence, mascarpone, and ricotta and paired farm contemporary tomatoes, rosemary balsamic discount, further virgin olive oil, and house-made flatbread. To your pizza course, get the Fontina E Salsiccia with house-made sausage, fontina cheese, caramelized candy onions, oak roasted mushrooms, thyme, Locatelli pecorino romano, and rosemary balsamic discount. Buon Appetito!
- La Panadería – La Panadería is a quick-service bakery and cafe with a number of places round city (together with downtown), which is nice to get a meal on the go! They concentrate on handmade bread and pan dulce impressed by Mexico’s Golden Period, which attracts affect from French, Italian and American breadmaking methods, together with a 48-hour fermentation course of. Get a puff pastry like a frosting-dipped Oreja, or a standard Mexican candy bread like a Concha. You may also get sandwiches on their contemporary baked items just like the El Favorito served on a spherical croissant with ham, swiss cheese, and two sunny aspect up eggs.
Discover the Historic Pearl
The Historic Pearl in San Antonio is a literal gem of scrumptious eateries, native boutique outlets, and loads of laid-back but elegant ambiance paired with beautiful structure. This space has been bringing individuals collectively since 1883 when native businessmen and moguls opened a brewery right here. Quickly after a brewmaster made his “Pearl” beer, whose title got here from the foamy bubbles within the freshly poured glass which resembled glowing pearls.
It wasn’t till the 2010s that this space grew to become developed into the Pearl we see immediately, with residences, inns, outlets, eating places, a giant garden, the Culinary Institute of America, and a contemporary brewery. It’s a terrific place to spend a sunny afternoon, have a drink and a chunk to eat, and store!
A number of the finest locations to take a look at are:
- Feliz Modern – This tremendous colourful store makes a speciality of curating objects made by unbiased artists & makers, and is like stepping right into a residing portray. You could find tremendous enjoyable playing cards, zany earrings and jewellery, Taylor Swift presents, and many different enjoyable issues which have a Texan vibe. I discovered so many issues I wished for myself and loads of issues to provide as presents!
- The Twig Book Shop – This intimate bookstore is jam-packed with superb reads, with loads of books highlighting the historical past of San Antonio! That is the place I picked up my e-book on Cornyation and loads of superb souvenirs. You by no means know if you’ll want a e-book… in my case, one other one!
- The Food Hall at Bottling Department – The Meals Corridor has 4 fast service meals choices you may decide as much as eat inside or within the park proper outdoors the doorways. You’ll be able to get pleasure from Mexican avenue meals from Chilaquil, pizza from Wonderslice, or Caribbean meals at Mi Roti, which has yummy curry hen and roti, a buttery flatbread. You may also seize a drink to go on the Park Bar, like a frozen boozy lemonade good for a sizzling day!
- Southerleigh Fine Food & Brewery – Southerleigh touts itself as “Texas Cross-cultural Delicacies and Craft Brewery” with a seasonally rotating menu. The craft brewery is a throwback to the Pearl’s unique brewery which began all of it, and you’ll even get a “Pearl on the Patio” beer which pays homage to the unique beer. Pair this with Southerleighs Well-known Fried Hen and you’ve got a meal! There’s additionally a drink cart outdoors, the place you seize a drink like a robust Sangria to get pleasure from your stroll across the Peal.
Try one of many Many Museums
Typically one of the simplest ways to search out the guts and soul of a metropolis is to go to a museum (or 5)! San Antonio is a many-faceted metropolis, from the Alamo to its Indigenous Inhabitants to modern artwork, so testing a specialty museum is an effective way to see all of the nuances and many alternative cultural lenses.
Listed here are a few of the finest museums to go to:
- The Briscoe Western Art Museum – The Briscoe Westen Artwork Museum is the place to assist put the story of the American West into perspective, from the Native Individuals who name/referred to as Texas dwelling to the European settlers. Within the three-level museum, you may discover artifacts equivalent to settler’s stagecoaches, saddles, spurs and coated wagons, in addition to Native American drawings, sketches, work, and sculptures.
- The McNay – What’s now the McNay Museum was as soon as the house of a lady named Marion Koogler McNay, an Ohio-born heiress who bought her first trendy oil portray, Diego Rivera’s Delfina Flores, and commissioned the 24-room Spanish Colonial-Revival home, which grew to become the primary trendy artwork museum in Texas. Strolling the grounds is like being in a flowery Nineteen Twenties movie, with fountains and formal gardens, with every room highlighting trendy artwork from vases to life-size sculptures, to colourful pop artwork.
- Hopscotch – Hopscotch San Antonion is an immersive artwork expertise, the place you don’t simply take a look at artwork, however develop into a part of the artwork your self! There are reveals like monumental, room-size murals, telephones the place you may take heed to recordings of holiday makers’ secrets and techniques (and you’ll depart your personal!), a digital graffiti wall, a corridor of neon lights, and extra all in a darkish and magical setting. There may be additionally a bar earlier than you enter, so you may seize a zodiac-themed drink earlier than you “go down the rabbit gap”! You’ll be able to grab your ticket in advance as nicely!
- San Antonio Museum of Art – The San Antonio Museum of Artwork has a balanced assortment of gorgeous artworks from all over the world, together with a formidable assortment of historic Greek statues and vases, in addition to a good-sized assortment of Egyptian artifacts. One of the crucial fascinating and lovely reveals is the Latin American Popular Art gallery, the place colourful sculptures, masks, and miniatures exploring the themes of life and demise in Latin tradition take middle stage.
Get Scared on a Ghost Tour
San Antonio is a really outdated metropolis, and particularly the place wars have been fought, there’s a tense power that by no means appears to depart the place. As our information Robert identified from RJA Ghost Tours, the Alamo is mainly only a big graveyard.
Even should you aren’t a robust believer in ghosts, taking a ghost tour provides you the prospect to see the town at evening, study who lived, labored and died in San Antonio, and offers you a style of historical past you may in any other case miss.
Quite a lot of the buildings downtown are historic, together with many inns just like the Menger, which is presupposed to have 45 ghosts in there alone. Apparently, Teddy Rosevelt is a visitor who by no means actually left the Menger Bar, the place he famously chosen his Rough Riders again in 1898.
You may additionally see the ghostly apparition of a maid from the 1870s on the Menger, Sallie White, nonetheless making beds after her husband killed her in a jealous rage outdoors the lodge one evening.
Even the Alamo has had its share of ghost encounters – when Santa Anna ordered his males to tear down the remainder of the Alamo after the battle, the lads noticed six ghosts or “diablos” come out to defend the Alamo as soon as extra. That’s fairly disturbing!
To study all concerning the ghosts of San Antonio, and extra concerning the metropolis’s wealthy and unusual historical past, try RJA Ghost Tours. They’re enjoyable, a bit hokey, and undoubtedly spooky – particularly should you discover out you’re staying in a haunted lodge!
The place to Keep in San Antonio
Whenever you’re coming to San Antonio, it’s finest to remain for a number of days and discover all the town has to supply! The perfect space is for sure by the Alamo downtown, this manner you may stroll to a lot of the central points of interest and it makes for a scenic and straightforward time.
A number of the finest choices on this space are:
- Hotel Gibbs – Situated catty-corner to the Alamo, this lodge is clear and trendy and tremendous snug, and comes with a complimentary buffet breakfast. The perfect a part of all? You’ll be able to actually have a room that overlooks the Alamo (I did!) and it’s an effective way to start out and finish your day. I all the time felt tremendous near the motion (I had a seat for the Battle of the Flowers parade proper by the lodge) and the River Stroll is just a few minutes away.
- Sonder The Atlee – If a trip rental is extra your factor, this spacious and tremendous vibrant house is the proper place to name dwelling base. It’s simply two blocks away from the Alamo and has two bedrooms, good should you’re touring with mates or household.
- Hotel Contessa – If you wish to keep proper on the River Stroll (which is totally comprehensible), this charming and colourful lodge has beautiful suites and a pool with a sizzling tub for these sizzling Texan afternoons. You’ll be able to come out and stroll alongside the River Stroll at any time in fact, too!
Concerning the Creator: Richie Goff is a Louisville, Kentucky native with a terrific love of the outside. When he isn’t rising flowers for enjoyable, he’s the Editor-in-Chief of Sensible Wanderlust and Let’s Go Louisville. He has been a pal of Lia’s since highschool, they usually have taken loads of their very own disaster-prone adventures collectively!
Are you excited to go to San Antonio but? Which of this stuff in San Antonio are you dying to do (most likely go to Fiesta, proper?)? Drop your feedback and questions on visiting San Antonio within the feedback under!
Psst: Planning a go to to Texas or the West? Try a few of our different posts that will help you plan your journey!
Did you discover this submit inspiring? Reserve it for afterward Pinterest!
Disclaimer: This submit was created in partnership with Go to San Antonio. All opinions and tremendous corny jokes are 100% my personal and completely not their fault.